Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Half way there at 20 weeks! We know the sex.

The whole family went to the OB/GYN today. We finally had the 20 week sonogram done. I had the feeling that it was going to be a girl. The wife was absolutely certain it was going to be a girl. Everything about this pregnancy is so different from when we had Logan that she had completely convinced herself. Anytime we mentioned the possibility of a girl to Logan, it was, "No. I am having a brother!" If Gina asked him about girls names, "No! Boy names only!" At the doctor's office, with the lights off, the nurse moved the little doohickey around doing measurements. They measure the baby's head and arms, etc. Gina laid on the table and I held Logan while standing next to the table. The only light in the room was the light of the monitor. Logan would whisper questions as the nurse worked, mainly, "What is she doing now?" or "What is that?" When it came time to see the sex, the nurse moved the doohickey around and said, "See, here is head. " Movement. "The face and the arms." Movement again. "Here are the legs and here are the boy parts." "How do you know that's not the umbilical cord," Gina asked? "I can colorize it to show you the difference," the nurse said. She did what she said and it was obvious that the "boy parts" ended before the umbilical cord did. "What does that mean," Logan whispered in my ear? "That means you're going to have a brother. That's a boy in mommy's belly." "I knew it! I knew I was going to have a brother!" Logan said, still whispering. I had to laugh. He was so excited. As we were checking out, he told Gina, about 5 times, "See Mommy. I was right and you were wrong. We're having a brother." Hehe. Gina is tired of hearing that now but he still keeps reminding her every now and then. Logan's initials are LLC. His brother's will be the same (although the actual name is different). I will be the proud daddy of two LLCs. ;-) I'm pretty proud of the one I already have. LewisC